I’m proof that absolutely anyone can create a business that is something to enjoy and be profitable.
Hey, I’m Christi - floral guru, dog mama, wife to my hunky hubs ~Greg, Starbucks lover (but not for the coffee) and coach to floral entrepreneurs!
And, well, the floral journey I’ve taken although amazing has had it’s winding, scary moments over the years.
(Here’s the trailer: It’s served up some real lessons in not letting fear hold us back from doing what we love whenever we hit the fog.)
I’ll back up over 3 decades ago when I was...
- Starting out in my mom’s garage (yep, I was a “Basement Betty” ~ I prefer to call us “Cottage Florists”! Heck Yeah!)
- 10 years into it, bought a pre-existing, but failing flower shop and turned it around
- Only to enter into a recession after the first 3 years when 9/11 hit
- Then managed to build a 7-figure floral business with retail & high-end event clientele
- Made it through another recession in 2008
- Opened a second (yes, 2nd!) location several years later in a luxury, historic Washington DC hotel, and built a team of 15
- Add-in opening a floral distribution warehouse to serve other florists in the DC area with direct purchasing world-wide
- Bringing me to the last five years, achieving long-desired personal goals of certification in floral design through AIFD (American Institute of Floral Design) and EMC (European Masters Certification).
Which brings me to date...
Proud shareholder of EMC International (I know, right? Who knew, I would get to be COO of an International floral education school? It really makes my heart sing!)
AND, business consultant and educator to many floral entrepreneurs, which, I hope you’re one of them!
I have a career that I love, but I’ve also had many lessons that I’ve gleaned along the way. Many that I want to share with you…
- Find your life purpose and get the business you love
- Learn how to conserve, protect, manage & grow your life AND floral business
- Add efficiency and profitability to your business
- Taking big leaps even when they seem like risks
And most importantly, saying HECK YES to things that light you up and NO WAY to the things that don’t.
Time is precious, and if you’re looking for a sign that something’s gotta change - THIS IS IT.
I’ll be coaching you every step of the way - we’re in this together!
Sign up for my newsletter to get a some great floral business nuggets in your inbox every week!
I won't send spam. Unsubscribe at any time.